Regel Therapeutics is a gene modulation therapy company focused on improving the life of patients suffering from disorders resulting from alteration of gene expression. Our proven T3 (Targeted Therapeutic Technology) platform combines AAV delivery with two proprietary technologies for efficient and specific restoration of gene expression exclusively in the cells affected by the pathology. We are a seed-stage startup based in Cambridge, MA and Berkeley, CA and we are looking for a talented Research Associate to join our R&D team to help develop our preclinical programs.
- Implement in vitro screening methodology with guidance from senior scientists
- Assemble and validate screening constructs
- Maintain mammalian cell cultures and perform transfections for high throughput screening
- Perform molecular techniques including nucleic acid extraction, PCR, RT-PCR, etc.
- Maintain organized and detailed documentation of activities in an electronic notebook
- Communicate research findings to the R&D team
- BA/BS or MS in biology, neurobiology or related field with 1-3 years relevant research experience
- Extensive experience with standard molecular biology techniques (PCR, qPCR, DNA/RNA extraction), and molecular cloning techniques (RE digestion, ligation/gibson assembly, transformation, plasmid preparation and purification)
- Strong background in mammalian cell culture and aseptic technique
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven track record of working in collaborative environments
- Experience with transfection protocols
- Familiarity with CRISPR-Cas system
- Familiarity with qPCR and luciferase analysis